EK Water Blocks (EKWB) and MSI have partnered up once again to launch the next-gen MSI CARBON motherboard and EK-Quantum monoblock combo. The brand new MPG Z590 Carbon EK X is expected to be available for pre-order on February 22, 2021. Based on the latest Z590 chipset and still supporting Intel 10th CPUs, this motherboard offers unparalleled cooling for the VRM section and the upcoming Intel 11th Gen Core series CPUs thanks to the purpose-designed monoblock.
MSI’s world-class engineering team and EK’s industry-leading thermal engineers worked together to improve the previous-gen solution and bring even more benefits to the newest Intel platform. The MPG Z590 Carbon EK X allows maximum performance without the noisy environment, providing you with countless hours of uninterrupted gameplay while monitoring the flow in your loop via the integrated flow indicator. And to top it all off, it also comes with an included EK-Leak Tester and a coupon code voucher for the EK webshop!
MSI MPG Z590 Carbon EK X Motherboard
What sets this motherboard apart is its unique design combined with a monoblock that aesthetically blends in with it. The carbon fiber pattern is there to remind all hardcore gamers that pushing the limits is what gaming is all about. A powerful 16+1+1 Duet Rail Power System provides stable power to the CPU with sixteen of the 75 A power stages supplying the CPU core and the other two the integrated GPU and System Agent. The massive power delivery system allows for high overclocks and, by proxy, a great boost in performance, for which the only downside is increased heat generation. This is where the EK monoblock kicks in – to cool down not just the CPU but the power delivery system as well.
The monoblock features an integrated flow indicator that will allow you to monitor your flow visually and adjust the pump speed if required. It will also let you know if the flow is hindered in any way.
What Do You Get?
In one box, you get a high-end gaming motherboard, a monoblock cooling solution, an EK Leak Tester (otherwise retailing for $39.99), and a coupon for the EK webshop with a value of 50€/$65! The cooling solution is engineered specifically for the MPG Z590 CARBON EK X and takes out all the guesswork from finding the right monoblock for your motherboard. The included Leak Tester will ensure you make no mistakes during the assembly of the cooling loop, even if you’ve never dealt with custom loop liquid cooling before!
All MPG Z590 CARBON EK X owners are entitled to a premium customer service that EK provides for all its customers worldwide. If you have any questions, problems, or just want to get in touch, reach out to us through our dedicated support channel. Even if you are just getting into custom loop liquid cooling, our kind customer support will gladly help if there are any uncertainties.
The base of the monoblock is made of nickel-plated electrolytic copper while its top is made of quality CNC-machined cast acrylic glass material, partially covered with a carbon fiber style pattern. The nickel-plated brass screw-in standoffs are pre-installed and allow for easy installation.
A black POM piece covers the lighting solution, removing unwanted hotspots and providing a more uniform lighting experience. The block is equipped with 3-pin 5 V Addressable D-RGB LED strip compatible with the motherboard’s 3-pin 5 V Addressable D-RGB LED header. The arrow marking on the 3-pin LED connector is to be aligned with the +5V marking on the addressable D-RGB header.
Features & Specifications
- Supports 11th & 10th Gen Intel Core / Pentium Celeron processors for LGA 1200 socket.
- Native PCI-e gen 4.0 offers twice the bandwidth of PCI-e gen 3.0 and makes sure your GPU and storage run at maximum speed without bottlenecks.
- Enhanced Power Design: 16+1+1 Duet Rail Power System, dual 8-pin CPU power connectors, Core Boost, DDR4 Boost.
- MYSTIC LIGHT: 16.8 million colors / 29 effects controlled in one click. MYSTIC LIGHT EXTENSION supports both RGB and RAINBOW LED strip.
- M.2 Shield Frozr: Both M.2 slots with Shield Frozr are built for high-performance systems and a non-stop gaming experience.
- Lightning USB 20G: Built-in USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 port offers 20 Gb/s transmission speed, which is 4 times faster than USB 3.2 Gen 1.
- AUDIO BOOST 5: 8-channel (7.1) HD isolated audio with a high-quality audio processor for the most immersive audio experience.
- 2.5G LAN with LAN Manager and Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 Solution: Upgraded network solution for professional and multimedia use delivers a secure, stable, and fast network connection.
- Pre-installed I/O Shielding: Better EMI protection and more convenience for installation.
Where Can I Learn More?
The EK-Quantum MPG Z590 Carbon EK X motherboard will be available for pre-order on February 22, 2021, at $499.99 USD. It will be available through the EK Webshop and MSI’s worldwide retailer network. – If you do, therefore, want to learn more about this new motherboard design, you can check out the official EKWB product website via the link here!